When managing imports and exports as part of your business there are a lot of numbers you need to be familiar with, including:
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS) – The HTS is a ten-digit number assigned to goods imported into the United States that help U.S Customs and the importer determine the rate of duty.
- Schedule B – The Schedule B is used by the U.S. Census Bureau to track the amount of trade goods that are being exported from the United States. For most goods, the HTS can be used instead of the Schedule B.
- Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) – The ECCN is a five-character alpha-numeric designation used to identify items that are controlled under the Commerce Control List (CCL).
- United States Munitions List (USML) – The USML is a list of defense articles and services that were specifically designed, developed, configured, adapted or modified for a military application.
Ensuring that your products and services are correctly classified reduces the risk of exporting a product without a license or paying the wrong duties on an import, which could lead to fines and penalties.
At Trade Consulting Services we have a dedicated team who can take on the challenge of classifying your products. We do this in a quick and easy fashion to ensure your business operations continue to run smoothly and on time.
When you work with us, you get:
- Experts at large-scale classification projects;
- Experience in handling thousands of product classifications for various industries;
- A team with the resources to handle both large and small projects;
- The experience to give you a clear and clean audit trail by including rationale with every determination;
- The ability to work within the controls of your business process management software;
If you need help with classifying your products and services or have a backlog you need to get cleared, find out how we can manage this process for you by getting in touch today.
Call us at 214-810-0204 or e-mail: email@example.com.